is a non-profit making registered charitable Company Limited by Guarantee. As an inter-denominational Christian agency we work with three distinct projects:
The vision to provide a free counselling, and training and retreat service for the community of Fife and beyond was fulfilled in the realisation of the charitable trust established in 1991.
There are times in all our lives when we feel unable to cope. Sometimes the causes of these problems seem fairly clear and we know where to turn for assistance. At other times our problems are difficult to understand and we can find no answer from our own resources or contacts.
Charis training design and deliver all levels of counselling training, including all of the classroom based components of the Open University Foundation Degree in Counselling
Charis retreat offers a variety of themed Christian retreats, providing input and space for private reflection and meditation. The retreats can be at a venue of your own choosing or at the Charis foundation premises.
On 12 May 2003 Charis foundation (formerly Fife Christian Counselling Centre) received a letter from the office of Her Majesty the Queen to say that we had won the Queen’s Golden Jubilee Award 2003 for services to the community.
Who are we
Aims and Objectives
- Free professional counselling service to anyone in need, regardless of social status, age, race, religious or philosophical belief etc.
- All levels of training for those involved in counselling and the caring professions.
- Retreats for individuals or small groups and one-to-one spiritual direction/faith accompaniment.
Who is it for
The counselling service we offer is available to anyone.
As an individual you may self refer by contacting us directly for an appointment, either by telephone, letter or calling in to the agency personally.
What do we offer
Charis training design and deliver all levels of counselling training, including all of the classroom based components of the Open University Foundation Degree in Counselling:
- CHARIS Certificate in Counselling Skills (CPCAB Level 2 qualification)
- CHARIS Certificate in Counselling Studies (CPCAB Level 3 qualification)
- CHARIS Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling (CPCAB Level 4 qualification)